Championship Freestyle Rules
Your most inventive tricks, set to music. Entertainment counts!
|1A Preliminary||1 minute|
|1A Final||2 minutes|
- The time starts when the music is started.
- No points, either technical or performance, will be counted before the music starts or after the maximum length of the freestyle (see above) have elapsed.
- All music must be considered appropriate for all audiences. If you are unsure about your music, a judge will be available to listen before the contest and make sure it's appropriate. Inappropriate music will be grounds for disqualification.
- All actions on stage must be considered appropriate for all audiences. Inappropriate behaviour will be grounds for disqualification.
- No assistants will be allowed on stage.
- All yo-yos used must be brought on stage before the freestyle begins.
- Yo-yos that leave the stage during a freestyle shall not be returned to the stage until after the freestyle is over.
- No props are allowed on stage without prior approval of all judges and the contest director. All request for props will be reasonably considered if presented prior to the start of the competition.
- Yo-yos with hubstacks or side bearings of any kind are allowed in all divisions.
Specific Considerations For 1A Freestyles
- At no time shall there be more that one yo-yo in play (including slave or prop yo-yos).
- At no time shall the yo-yo be removed from the string for offstring or washing machine play.
- Mobius, Double Dragon, and Skyrocket tricks are allowed.
Specific Considerations For Open Freestyles
- Only 2A, 3A, 4A, or 5A will be allowed.
- Each competitor may only perform ONE style in a freestyle routine.